Hersheypark is looking for talented, motivated, and passionate people with a strong desire to work hard and provide a memorable experience for our guests. Performing in or working behind the scenes on one of our award-winning resident shows offers you the opportunity to shine as you entertain our guests and build your career.
The Hersheypark Entertainment Department will hold auditions and technician interviews at the Hershey Theatre on Saturday, February 13, 2016. Everyone involved in casting our 2016 shows will be in attendance at this event.
We are hiring the following for our 2016 Summer Season:
- All singer/dancers must register as EITHER a singer OR a dancer. Choose your strongest talent and register accordingly.
- Singers should prepare two vocal selections of contrasting styles (16 bars each).
- Please bring sheet music in the proper key or an edited musical track on a CD. An accompanist will be provided.
- Beat Boxing skills are a plus – please note this on your registration form.
- Singers may be called back to learn a dance combination after the vocal audition, and dancers may be asked to sing. However, not all singers will be asked to dance and not all dancers will be asked to sing.
- Dancers should be prepared to learn several dance combinations.
- Please wear appropriate dance attire and shoes.
- Specialty Performers
- Be prepared to demonstrate a comedic monologue.
- Be prepared to exhibit improv skills.
- Please note specialty skills on your registration form.
- Sleight of Hand Magic Tricks
- Trumpet, Trombone, Saxophone, Tuba, Keyboard, Multi-Percussion, Drum Kit, Guitar, and Bass.
- Musicians should prepare technical and lyrical excerpts and be prepared
to demonstrate improvisational skills. A drum set, keyboard, guitar amp, and
bass amp will be provided. Please bring all other instruments/equipment to
your audition. Visit Windish Music and Productions for more specific musician audition requirements.
- Instrumentalists that sing should prepare two vocal selections of
contrasting styles ( 16 bars each)
- Costume Character Performers
- Height must be between 4' 10” and 6'2”
- Please wear clothing suitable for athletics/the gym and be prepared to
wear a Hershey's Character costume.
- Be prepared to demonstrate improv skills while wearing the costume.
- Be prepared to learn a simple dance combination and perform it while
wearing the costume.
- Dancing and acting experience a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to withstand hot temperatures underneath many layers of
- Must be physically fit.
- Technicians: Stage Managers, Stagehands, Audio
Technicians, Dressers, Lighting Technicians, and Wardrobe Supervisors
- All technicians should prepare for an interview.
General Audition Information
At this time our pre-registration is closed. We will take walk-ups on Saturday for auditions. Please refer to the time listed below for report times.
You will need to provide 3 copies of your resume and head shot if you did not pre-register.
Check-in times are as follows:
Please read all of the information below prior to registering:
- Singer Walk-up - 10 AM
- Technicians, Specialty Performers, and Musician Walk-up - 10 AM
- Pre-Registered Technicians, Specialty Performers & Musicians will receive a check-in time by Feb 8
- Costume Characters and Dancers - 2 PM
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and/or a high school graduate by the start of rehearsals, which begin in May.
- Go here for directions to the Hershey Theatre.
- Our audition day at Hershey Theatre on February 13 is an open call for all positions. Call backs will take place as needed later in the day.
- All applicants that have pre-registered will receive a confirmation email with your specific check-in time by 5 PM on February 8.
- Please come dressed, warmed up, and prepared to audition/interview as soon as you are called. There may be a moderate wait time between your check-in and your actual audition/interview.
- Rehearsals begin in May, and the summer contract will end in August or September.
- Performers/Musicians: Starting at $525 per week.
- Technicians: Starting at $500-525 per week.
- Salary is based on six work days per week. E.O.E. M/F.
The following production companies are working for us in 2016:
RWS & Associates
Windish Music and Productions
Please click on the links above to visit their websites for more information. Note that the production companies only cast performers for
the specific shows that they produce for us.
The Hersheypark Entertainment Department conducts all technician interviews and makes all final hiring decisions regarding both onstage
and backstage personnel. All performers and technicians selected for our 2016 shows will be employed by Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
Representatives will also be attending regional conferences, such as SETC, UPTA, etc. Please refer to information sources pertaining to these events
to confirm attendance and participation.
Hersheypark Entertainment Department Contact Information
If you have any other questions about Hersheypark Entertainment Department and/or the audition process, feel free to contact us by email Audition@HersheyPA.com or telephone: 717-534-3349.
(Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM EST)
Thank you for your interest in Resident Entertainment at Hersheypark!